Monday, June 14, 2010

Paperwork...my nemisis!

The plan was that we thought we would be ready file to our adoption papers with the Ghana courts a few weeks ago but each weeks seems to bring up a new detail we missed or something else that needs to get done with our paperwork. This should be the week. Cross your fingers and say a prayer for us that by the end of the week we will have a court date set.
Once we made the decision to adopt they became mine in my heart. I miss them. I need them home. We changed the kids sleeping arrangement around to empty a room for them. It is in the process of going from a purple princess room to orange boys room. We sold our mini van and are looking for a suburban to fit us all into. Not having found one yet, we are making due with a family of 7 getting around in a civic. This has it made it so that we don't go anywhere all together. So, everywhere I look I have reminders of what is not yet complete, our family. I tuck in kids at night and walk pass an empty room with a bed decked out in a sports theme waiting to comfort two very sweet boys as they fall asleep with no worries, in America.
I need a good solid date to look at with anticipation and count down to. I need to feel the process moving along. I hope all these little delays that have cost us a few weeks will end up shaving months off on the other end.
The girls can't wait for their brothers. They are so excited to go to the temple soon and be sealed to their brothers.
Every Sunday we call them and sing a primary song with them. I can feel the tone of our calls changing as we get to know each other. They laugh and shout and giggle when they hear us. No more strangers together.The excitement is building in everyone. Come on, court date, come to Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment