Monday, March 29, 2010

Proud moments


I am many things but I am a mom first.
Sometimes, I am proud of that statement. Sometimes, I cringe at that statement. For example, When you have a fun thing planned for yourself and you get all dolled up (because you have not put any make up on or washed your hair in two weeks). You feel so great and excited and as you walk to the door to leave and someone throws up.
Sometimes, I feel like I have too many kids that I can't give any of them the right amount attention they need and I pledge to pay for their therapist when they grow up, if I am indeed the cause of their trials.
Sometimes, I feel like I am just flying by the seat of my pants on this roller coaster ride called motherhood. When I am making a decision that one of my kids does not like and I have stand my ground when they question me....and pretend that I am not already questioning myself.
Sometimes, I am just so proud of myself and my kids. It's been one of those weeks. Here's the pictures to prove it.


Happy 7th, my Beautiful Boo.

I was a little nervous to attempt this at home spin on build-a-bear with 8 little girls. I enlisted the help of grandma and our baby sitter to insure less burns from the glue guns. I bought bears at DI, washed them and laid out all sorts of fabric, and embellishments. I let the kids have at it. They made they cutest outfits and had a blast. It was a hit!
Okay some of them are not smiling in this pic but they did have great time. Promise.

History and Science fair...not far to the moms!

Bee never ceases to amaze me. I don't give her the credit she deserves. She is one of my proudest achievements. Among late nights and begging with her get her homework done, she always ends up exceeding my expectations. Here she is at Science Fair. The nice thing about her love for rocks is that it is a cheap hobby.
I don't have a picture of her there but she did a history report on the newsies strike. She won at the school level, a few months ago, and competed in the district level last Friday. It was in the performance category and she wrote a monologue of a mill girl telling the story from her point of view. She memorized it and performed it. I cried like a baby, I was so proud. She took third place.
Sometimes, I have these moments were I do feel like I'm a good mom after all.
Today anyway, after all, tomorrow is another day.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. love this. it's true, isn't it. there are good days and bad. i love getting to know your family a little better this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its nice to know someone else feels the same way LOL. Your kids are adorable!

    Brandie

    ReplyDelete