Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Like Christmas Morning

I want to send out a special thank you to a sweet woman who contacted me yesterday. She was a volunteer at LH for 3 months last year while my kids were there. She sent me about 40 priceless pictures of my children. I told her I felt like it was Christmas morning seeing another email after another and opening it up to see another treasure, another one of Little Mans funny faces or Big Mans look of surprise and concern! I love them all! I also see other faces of children who I know are home and happy now. (I will send you those pictures) Not only do they mean so much to us right now as we miss them on a daily basis but they will grow up having pictures of their life before we became a family. THANK YOU!


So are you dying to see some of them? Hear you go...

I love this picture because they had just received their school uniforms and this was not too long before we met them. This is the image in my mind every time I thought of them before we reconnected.

He giggles so much! Sometimes I can't understand a word he says on the phone because something is so fun he can't stop laughing. This is what I envision on the other line. (Okay, the truth, I usually can't understand much of what he says regardless of if he is laughing or not, but we are getting better at that.)

Look at this face....HMMMM! It's enough to make you crazy with love. Does the other face look familiar FPM? I'll send you a pick if you don't have this already.

From a far, this looks like two kids running down the hill. But, if you zoom in and look at the expression on Big Mans face its puts me in stitches....I love it!

This face makes him look like his little brother. "The Studman" makes this face before he attacks me. I can't wait to have two little teeth bearing boys trying to get me. Cracks me up!

His first swig of COKE! Like father like son. I'm sure it would be a hoot to see this little energetic guy full of caffeine.


Big man is excited for something that just happened or is going to happen...I think? I love the thumbs up. It a universal sign for good things. I will probably be using this often with them.

Thumbs up again! The volunteers had just finished this boys dorm and painted it blue. It was not there when I was there so the timing is unknown to me.

I love this picture! I am so grateful for ALL the great volunteers who loved and hugged my kids as much possible. I hear Big Man cried when this volunteer left so if anyone knows her please let her know I am grateful!

Little Man got a pineapple FANTA (one of my favorite things about Ghana!) when the volunteers took some kids to the beach. He was proud of his yellow tongue.

I had to edit this "full body shot" in order to post it. I love big mans face in this picture. I love all the white bubbles on his dark skin. I love his missing teeth! I love the tiny wash bowl he is standing in, even though I cropped it out! LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!

Something funny seems to be going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment