Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Soldier up!

There are no words to describe the heaviness of my heart today. I wait, and wait till 11am in hopes that I will have good news. My kids are in court today. Not for our adoption, as we had hoped and waited for, but because of child trafficking charges. This could go either way for us. The truth could be heard and our path cleared to bring our boys home. The truth could be bent, changed, distorted, polluted and a big heavy boulder can come crashing down on us.

Lots of people in Ghana are being charged with counts of child trafficking. Some of those people have ties to our case. I can not tell anyone what they have or have not done in the past but I can tell you what I know and I have seen. No one from Social Welfare has ever asked us for money or have we told anyone we would give them money. No member of my boys birth family has ever asked for money or have we ever told them we would pay money. NO ONE has pocketed a dime on our adoption!

It feels like I am marching Papa Ghana to the battle front! He is such a great guy, a great soldier. He is sooo nervous. He has loved my boys like his own, put his family at risk to save mine. I am so grateful!

Where is this all coming from. I can't say for sure because I have no proof and I am not one to slander someones reputation just to get my way or make a point, even if I knew for sure and had proof. However, I do have my thoughts...and they are pretty strong. So I have one thing to say... Yes, money talks...especially in Africa but GOD speaks louder.

I DO NOT claim to know a lot. I DO NOT know when this will end or what other hills, and African jungles we will have to venture through. I DO know how this will end because I have seen it and it is what has driven me so far down this unknown road, His hand in mine the entire way, guiding me ever so gently as I stumble for my step sometimes. My kids will come home!

1 comment:

  1. Okay...I just spoke to my kids for a second and they are still safe with Papa and Mama Ghana. No detail yet what exactly happened but I hear the case was suspended. Not sure what this means for us but my babies are still safe and happy. I'm so good with that, for today! I will make another entry when I have more news.

    ReplyDelete