Thursday, May 19, 2011

GOOD NEWS!

I like this title. If you don't know me you should know I'm a drama geek and so I've got this song in my head as I type it "Good News, Good News!" I feel like I just pulled the gag off my face!

After receiving sound advice from friends and officials we decided to take our blog private for the remainder of our adoption. I posted a few times after that but felt all I had to say was very sad. I'm not a negative person and felt "who wants to read a depressing blog?" Plus, I just felt plain depressed about everything. I decided not to blog again until I could say something HAPPY! So here it is...

We are done! The boys are safe at home and we are a family under one roof at last! Happy, Happy, Happy. (Okay, its not all rainbows and unicorns but that's another post.)

After a whirlwind trip back to Africa last week, lots of prayers and a wonderful Senator stepping in, we returned home with the boys late last Thursday night. We are all learning new things, adjusting and trying to keep our heads above water. But that room that's been empty for so long is now occupied!

This may come as a huge surprise to some people(the people who prompted our reasons for going private) but that was the point, wasn't it. To them I say this...You don't know us. You don't know the level of relationship we have with God. I knew I would bring those kids home because He told us over and over again that we would. We placed ALL our trust in Him. We never paid anyone a cent...did not need too. We know you tried to pay someone and now...so does the embassy. Luckily, we had built a friendship with those people out of honesty and goodness so they trusted us with these treasures. They were not for sale. The only one who gets to play God with our life is God. I am told you read this blog in the past. I am not sure if you read it or not but wanted to say that. And that's all I will ever say to you because we are done.

Thank you to my family for hanging out at the Airport so late at night to give us a victorious "Welcome Home." It meant the world to me! Thank you to all our friends and family who encouraged, lifted and held our hands, who watched our kids while we came and went. Thank you to all the friends we made along the way who became valuable assets to us and will remain to do so. I'm grateful for the temple and its peace and solice it gives, the moments of clear understanding and guidance it provided for us. I'm grateful for my children's wonderful cousin and her tender heart and honesty...she is brave and strong. I'm grateful to the sweet family who cared for the boys so much longer then originally agreed upon. I am grateful that this long journey is over and we are already beginning a new one full of happiness, security, healing, and most of all REAL LOVE. Something my kids don't understand right now but I am certain they will someday...because He told me they would.

6 comments:

  1. It's amazing how the Lord's hand mixes up our lives and everything comes out perfect. We learn so much during the process. Love you guys! Would love to have you up for lunch this summer-after things settle down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are no words to tell you how happy I am for your family. I am looking forward to meeting your newest sons. Good luck with the next adventure now that they are home. It will probably be just as wild and crazy as the last one. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so glad they are finally home. Congrats to your family. Good luck with transition I'm sure it will take some time. It's inspiring how strongly you held on and trusted in the Lord through all of the trials that it took to get them here. Thank You for not giving up on what you new was right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so excited to read more about your lovely, expanding family. and maybe to meet everyone, i hope, someday soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for your family and especially those boys. They are so lucky to have you! Congrats, Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so so happy for you! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete