Thursday, May 26, 2011

A New Life


This is a hard Job! I am totally drained, exhausted! Truth is, everyone is in transition right now, not just the two boys. Everyones world is being ROCKED in a big way. It's a new life for all of us. We have already had huge moments of complete chaos. One of them poured a cup of root beer in our fish bowl (amazingly it lived), someone took a dookie on their closet floor last night (not kidding), someone even got lost at church and decided that they should find a new family (our friend found him sitting in another wards sacrament with a very confused family). We have already shed many tears, screamed our guts out and laughed a lot. It's all good! I see progress everyday, although I know it will take years to fully help them heal and adjust. But all in all, its all good.
One of the fun things is seeing the world through their eyes. Things I have overlooked my entire life, like magic doors that open at the store, magic flushing toilets and soap dispensers that magically know you are standing there, the rotating grocery belt at check out, Garage doors with a button to activate it...the buttons....Oh, yes, all the many, many glorious buttons....
garage doors,
remote controls,
doorbells,
microwaves,
elevators,
toys,
radios,
computers,
cell phones,
Buttons everywhere!!!!!
I thought I would share a few of their first with you...
Their first room! I was super excited about it when I finished. Actually, Its also their first bed and someone usually falls out of it once a night.
Their first radio! This came in gift basket from a sweet neighbor. He LOVES it and just dances to the music only he can hear. I fell on the floor laughing the first time because I was standing right next to him and he screamed a question at me not knowing how loud he was talking.
Their first experience with a horse. Little man was very unsure of the entire situation. Big man could not have been more excited. He even feed it right out of his hand.

First lessons in how to act like a prince, given by none other then the her highness herself.


First time jumping in puddles after a rainstorm... okay, maybe they did this in Ghana but it was their first time doing it with their family.
First time getting on a trampoline...or maybe just the first time thinking about getting on a trampoline since he decided not to.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! LOVE how he shouted at you with his headphones on. That is funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are facing challenges and receiving blessings I could never imagined with my limited knowledge of what life must have been like for them! Keep writing! I love reading about you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aimee, I am just SO THRILLED at this, I don't even know how to express it. I haven't checked your blog in so long, because of course it was silent for so long. But now, your boys are home!!!!!!! I am so unbelievably happy for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete