Thursday, July 8, 2010

Augh!

It has been my first of many very hard days. I am so blessed it has gone so smoothly and really this is not a huge problem so I will be fine, I hope. I am just a little frustrated.
We were told that our adoption court date would be set this week and that it would be finalized by Friday and that we could file our I600 early next week. Then...
We found out that we needed an affidavit from the boys Aunt. Our lawyer had to get a hold of her again and get her to Accra to sign papers. She won't be able to come until next Monday.
Then we found out that no court dates were being set because of some sort of strike between the government and the SW officers. They say its not going to last very long and should not impact our adoption but ...WHAT? I am waiting for further enlightenment on this since I don't understand what is going on here.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about all the little hang ups that are keeping you from getting your boys. Heavenly Father does things in his time not ours. Thanks goodness he is in charge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember, it's just like that sunrise. You can see the light of the sun before you see the sun itself, but it's there. Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete