Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Rain Clouds

I am taking these blogs private because a big heavy cloud has settled over Ghana. I had a few scary moments in the past few days. I hope to someday spill my guts about everything on here but for now I will watch myself and just wonder why people act the way they do. I have never been one to judge so maybe it will all blow over. Maybe I will understand in time why certain people do what they do. Until then, I will just be a little more careful about things and keep my little chicks gathered a little more tightly under my wing...even if my wing has to stretch as far as Africa.
Tonight, I am truly grateful for kind Ghanaian voices who call me on the phone and tell me that I must not worry and everything will be okay. Your voice so close in my ear makes me feel that Ghana is not that far away after all. Thank you. You have no idea how much better I feel. I think I can sleep tonight. I think this cloud will blow over without a storm.

3 comments:

  1. Please know you are in my thoughts and I am glad I am "in" haha. If you need to talk(gripe) I am a pretty good listener and usually available via phone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aimee - I love your snow flake poem! Thanks for including me on your blog. There is something about Abe and Aninda that just fills me up. I LOVE the picture of them together with their red ties. I can't believe how happy they look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aimee ~ Thanks for the invite!! You have a beautiful family, Vera reminds of you when we were in school together. I hope all turns out well, good luck with the adoption process!! I have been reading your World According to Aimee blog and I love it! You are very inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete