Sunday, July 25, 2010

Integrity

I have not posted any updates on here for a few weeks. To say the least it has been a very hard couple of weeks and I have wondered how much to say. In an older post I remember feeling so happy that things were gong so smoothly with our adoption and wondering if and when it would all come crashing down on us. Well, these past few weeks have taken a turn and left us smack dab in the middle of many predicaments that we never foresaw coming. One of those more serious predicaments questioned our integrity in a very emotional way. When you are told to jeopardize your integrity for the sake of something good does that justify it. No, you must be true and faithful at all times. This is where faith has come into play like I have never experienced before. We chose integrity over all else and though the consequences of our choice to be true to our selves and our God have been discouraging we are still hopeful and full of faith. I know we will be blessed by choosing to play by the Lords set of rules and not the worlds. Our timing for bringing home the boys is probably not going to happen the way we wanted it to happen but I believe these past few weeks were vital for R and me to grow, the mending of future Ghanaian adoption, and needful for the Lords timing.
There is song I love by Sara Groves called "He's always been faithful to me." It one of my favorite songs. He has never let me down, never failed to bless me after a trail, never have I regretted acting in accordance with what I know he wants me to do. He has always been faithful to me so I can not and will not ever be able to justify not being faithful to him.
We know we did the right thing. It cost us precious time. But what is time anyway? I know I will get my boys home and the day will come when they are sealed to me forever...so what is a few more months compared to forever.
No regrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment