Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A new identity

So I have thought about what to call my little men. I don't know why I did not think of it sooner. It was obvious from the very start because I used these names in Ghana since I did not know their names. They will be referred to as Little Man and Big Man.
Things are slowly starting to happen. It has been tricky trying to communicate with people on the other side of the world. I think we are getting the timing worked out. I am assembling a good team to help me.
I heard great news today! My Men know who I am. They know they have a mommy in America that loves them and that I will come and see them ASAP. They also have been informed that they will fly in a aeroplane to America when Mommy gets all the paper work done. They are so excited to fly into the sky! They know they have a family waiting to shower them with love.
I am so blessed to know that they see my face and the word "mama" may fall form their lips. I stand all amazed! I know who's hands are arranging the pieces. I am grateful that He would give me this honor of raising the two most awesomest kids in Africa. I almost can't believe it.
Papa Ghana and Mama Ghana are wonderful ( Foster Daddy and Mommy)! Papa Ghana told me some funny stories today of Little Man. He is a handful but so fun and full of life, just as I remember him. Big Man is struggling because he does not feel to good. I am not sure there has ever been a day that he was not in pain. He now has a team of people who care for him and can help him get better. They are both doing so well and adjusting to their safe environment. I am so grateful to know that we have so much support both in Ghana and here.

1 comment:

  1. I found a book at the library today that I got for you... "We Belong Together: A Book About Adoption & Families." I'm sure your kids are all prepped for the new additions but it's a cute little picture book. It's mostly geared toward kids who have been adopted. You'll have to give it back, though, cause it's a library book and they get grumpy when you try to keep their books. I'll bring it over sometime soon. :) I'm so happy for you. Will you bring your little men over to have preschool with John and they can all learn together? (Until they get in school.) That would be so fun!

    ReplyDelete